Connect With Us
Nichole Burnside, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Program Manager and Diversity, Equity
and Inclusion Implementation Lead
Marie O'Neill, Professor of Environmental Health Sciences, Professor of Epidemiology
Faculty Lead for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Discrimination, Discriminatory Harassment, and Sexual Misconduct
You can report these incidents through the Office for Institutional Equity. Learn more about the reporting process for sexual and gender-based misconduct.
Campus Climate Concerns
The Dean of Students Office supports students experiencing a variety of concerns, including but not limited to: academic, financial, basic needs, physical and mental health, campus climate concerns, off campus housing, concerns for well-being, and disruptive/disturbing behavior. You can use the link below if you are a student in need of support, know a student who needs support, or are generally concerned about a student.
You can report a violation of law, regulatory requirements, or university policy to the Office of the Vice President and General Counsel.
Crime, Suspicious Activity, and Public Safety Concerns
You can report these incidents to the Division of Public Safety and Security.
I'd Like to Have a Confidential Conversation
There are a number of resources available to students, faculty, staff, and post-docs who would like to have a confidential conversation. Discussions with representatives from these offices are not considered a formal report to the university and, without additional action, will not result in intervention. All information shared will remain confidential to the extent permitted by law and university policy.
- Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Center
- Ombuds: Office of the Student Ombuds, Office of the Staff Ombuds, or Office of the Faculty Ombuds
- For Students: UM Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) and SPH embedded CAPS counselor (Meaghan Narula)
- For Faculty, Staff, and Post-docs: Faculty and Staff Counseling and Consultation Office
- Praesidium: External provider available to those impacted by Martin Philbert or Robert Anderson. Call 888-961-9273 to learn more about how to access this resource.