Policies, Procedures, & Forms
Students should always consult with their specific University of Michigan School of Public Health department regarding degree program requirements. This webpage is intended to provide academic information relevant to and coordinated across Michigan Public Health departments.
- Core Curriculum Policy - addresses foundational competencies and learning objectives required by the Council on Education for Public Health. For students beginning Fall 2018 and later.
- Core Requirements & Exemption Exams - Courses required of all School of Public Health degree-seeking students (including MS and PhD students), as well as exemption exams.
- Policies and Procedures for MPH & MHSA Students
- Academic Calendar/Student Registration Deadlines
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- University of Michigan Office of the Registrar
- Program for Education and Evaluation in Responsible Research and Scholarship (PEERRS)
- Late Drop, Late Add, Late Swap, or Late Edit (grading scale or audit) Requests
The Registrar is available to answer questions related to School and University policies, academic requirements, graduation, student records, registration, and enrollment. Students enrolled in Rackham or other programs are encouraged to contact their department program coordinator with questions.
- Transfer Credit Request (PDF)
- Application for Readmission (PDF)
- Credit Reduction Request
- Application for Public Health (Non-Rackham) Program Change
- Self-Initiated Dual Degree Request
- Course Overload Request
Withdrawing from the term
- If the term has not begun, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- school you are requesting to be withdrawn from
- On or after the first day of the term, email your department's program coordinator and cc email@example.com to request to be withdrawn from the term.
Modifying a Course to S/U (graduate students) or P/F (undergraduate students)
Email the course instructor and cc your department's program coordinator and firstname.lastname@example.org to request the grading basis change and that all parties note their approval.