Ella T. August, PhD, M.A., M.S.
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Epidemiology
- Global Public Health, Faculty Associate
- Faculty Affiliate, Institute for Research on Women and Gender (IRWG)
- Editor-in-Chief, Pre-Publication Support Service
- SPH II
- 1415 Washington Heights
- Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-2029
- Epid 530: Scientific Communication for Epidemiologists (2016, 2017, 2018)
- Epid 531: Epidemiology Capstone Writing Course (2019)
- PUBHLTH 482: Writing Public Health (2019)
- Doctor of Philosophy, Epidemiology, 2005, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- Master of Arts, Written Communication, 2017, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, Michigan
- Writing Fellow, and Advanced Writing Fellow, 2015, Writing Across the Curriculum Institute, Advanced, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, Michigan
- Master of Science, Human Nutrition, 1999, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois li>
- Bachelor of Arts, English, 1991, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
- Busse C, August E. Addressing power imbalances in global health: Pre-Publication Support Services (PREPSS) for authors in low-income and middle-income countries. Invited Practice Paper. BMJ Global Health 2020; 5:e002323. doi:10.1136/bmjgh-2020-002323
- Anderson OS, August E. The disconnect between classroom writing and professional writing: we are not teaching public health students to write effective titles. Journal of Public Health. 10.1093/pubmed/fdaa034.
- Anderson OS, Kardia S, Gupta K, August E. Are we teaching our students visual communication? Evaluation of writing assignments in public health. Journal of Visual Communication in Medicine. 2019 DOI: 10.1080/17453054.2019.1698943
- Anderson OS, August E, Goldberg PK, Youatt E and Beck AJ. Developing a Framework for Population Health in Interprofessional Training: An Interprofessional Education Module. Invited paper. Front. Public Health 2019;7:58.doi: 10.3389/fpubh.2019.00058
- August E, Burke KJ, Fleischer C, Trostle J. Writing assignments in epidemiology courses: how many and how good? Public Health Reports. 2019;134(4):441-446. https://doi.org/10.1177/0033354919849942
- August E, Trostle J. Using writing assignments to promote critical thinking, learning and professional identity: The Epidemiology Workplace Writing Repository. Journal of Public Health Published January 30, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1093/pubmed/fdy011.
American Public Health Association
Council of Science Editors