Ella T. August, PhD, M.A., M.S.
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Epidemiology
- Editor-in-Chief, Pre-Publication Support Service ("PREPSS")
- Global Public Health, Faculty Associate
- SPH II
- 1415 Washington Heights
- Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-2029
- Epid 530: Scientific Communication for Epidemiologists (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
- Epid 604: Writing Advisor (2020)
- PUBHLTH 680: Applied Practice and Integrative Experience (2020)
- PUBHLTH 681: Applied Practice and Integrative Experience II (2021)
- Doctor of Philosophy, Epidemiology, 2005, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- Master of Arts, Written Communication, 2017, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, Michigan
- Writing Fellow, and Advanced Writing Fellow, 2015, Writing Across the Curriculum Institute, Advanced, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, Michigan
- Master of Science, Human Nutrition, 1999, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois li>
- Bachelor of Arts, English, 1991, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
- Anderson O, Youatt E, Power L, August E. Clinical track faculty: making them count in public health education. In Press at American Journal of Public Health.
- Busse C, August E. How to write a publishable research paper for a peer-reviewed journal. Invited Paper. Journal of Cancer Education. 2020 http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13187-020-01751-z.
- Busse C, August E. Addressing power imbalances in global health: Pre-Publication Support Services (PREPSS) for authors in low-income and middle-income countries. Invited Practice Paper. BMJ Global Health 2020. 5:e002323. doi:10.1136/bmjgh-2020-002323
- Anderson OS, August E. The Real-World Writing Project for Public Health Students: A Description and Evaluation. Pedagogy in Health Promotion. 2020 https://doi.org/10.1177/2373379920928094
- Anderson OS, August E. A disconnect between classroom and professional writing: we are not teaching public health students to write effective titles. Journal of Public Health 2020: 42(2): 412–415. https://doi.org/10.1093/pubmed/fdaa034.
- Anderson OS, Kardia S, Gupta K, August E. Are we teaching our students visual communication? Evaluation of writing assignments in public health. Journal of Visual Communication in Medicine. 2019. DOI: 10.1080/17453054.2019.1698943
- August E, Burke KJ, Fleischer C, Trostle J. Writing assignments in epidemiology courses: how many and how good? Public Health Reports. 2019;134(4):441-446. https://doi.org/10.1177/0033354919849942
- August E, Trostle J. Using writing assignments to promote critical thinking, learning and professional identity: The Epidemiology Workplace Writing Repository. Journal of Public Health Published January 30, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1093/pubmed/fdy011.
American Public Health Association
Council of Science Editors