Mousumi Banerjee, Ph.D.
- Anant M. Kshirsagar Collegiate Research Professor of Biostatistics
- Director of Biostatistics, Center for Healthcare Outcomes & Policy
- M4150 SPH II
- 1415 Washington Heights
- Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-2029
- Ph.D., Statistics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 1994
- M.S., Statistics, Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta, India, 1988
- B.S., Statistics, Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta, India, 1986
Research Interests & Projects
My methodological research interest is in tree-based regression and ensemble methods for survival data. This is motivated by the need of clinical researchers to define interpretable prognostic classification rules both for understanding the prognostic structure of data and for designing future clinical trials. I also work on statistical models and methods for analyzing competing risks data. In this context, I have been particularly interested in situations where the exact cause of death is only partially known. Finally, I am interested in multilevel data modelling, with a focus on model diagnostics and goodness of fit procedures. My applied research has focused on studies using data from population-based cancer registries to investigate disparities in patterns of cancer care and outcomes.
- Banerjee M, Reyes-Gastelum D, Haymart MR. Treatment-free Survival in Patients with Differentiated Thyroid Cancer. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, 103:2720-2727, 2018
- Stenmark MH, Shumway D, Guo C, Vainshtein J, Mierzwa M, Jagsi R, Griggs JJ, Banerjee M. Influence of Human Papillomavirus on Clinical Presentation of Oropharyngeal Carcinoma in the United States. The Laryngoscope, 127:2270-2278, 2017.
- Banerjee M, Weibel J, Guo C, Gay B, Haymart M. Use of Imaging Tests after Primary Treatment of Thyroid Cancer in the United States: Population Based Retrospective Cohort Study Evaluating Death and Recurrence. British Medical Journal, 2016, 354:i3839, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i3839
- Banerjee M, Lao CD, Wancata LM, Muenz DG, Haymart MR, Wong SL. Implications of age and conditional survival estimates for patients with melanoma. Melanoma research, 26:77-82, 2016.
- Davis M., Nallamothu B., Banerjee M., Bynum J. Identification of four unique spending patterns among older adults in the last year of life challenges standard assumptions Health Affairs 1316-1323, 2016.
- Friese CR, Xia R, Ghaferi AA, Birkmeyer JD, Banerjee M. Magnet hospital recognition and surgical mortality. Health Affairs, 34:6986-6992, 2015.
- Veenstra CM, Regenbogen SE, Hawley ST, Abrahamse P, Banerjee M, Morris AM. Association of paid sick leave with job retention and financial burden among working patients with colorectal cancer. JAMA, 314:2688-2690, 2015.
- Chen LM, Wilk AS, Thumma JR, Birkmeyer JD, Banerjee M. Use of medical consultants for hospitalized surgical patients: an observational cohort study. JAMA Intern Med, 174:1470-1477, 2014.
- Helvie M, Chang J, Hendrick R, Banerjee M. Reduction in late-stage breast cancer incidence in the mammography era: Implications for overdiagnosis of invasive cancer. Cancer, 120: 2649-2656, 2014.
- Banerjee M, Filson CP., Xia R., Miller DC. Logic Regression for Provider Effects on Kidney Cancer Treatment Delivery. Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, 2014. Article ID 316935, 9 pages, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/316935
- American Statistical Association
- International Biometric Society
- International Indian Statistical Association
- International Statistical Institute