Mousumi Banerjee, Ph.D.
- Anant M. Kshirsagar Collegiate Research Professor of Biostatistics
- Director of Biostatistics, Center for Healthcare Outcomes & Policy
- M4150 SPH II
- 1415 Washington Heights
- Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-2029
- Ph.D., Statistics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 1994
- M.S., Statistics, Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta, India, 1988
- B.S., Statistics, Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta, India, 1986
Research Interests & Projects
My methodological research interest is in tree-based regression and ensemble methods for survival data. This is motivated by the need of clinical researchers to define interpretable prognostic classification rules both for understanding the prognostic structure of data and for designing future clinical trials. I also work on statistical models and methods for analyzing competing risks data. In this context, I have been particularly interested in situations where the exact cause of death is only partially known. Finally, I am interested in multilevel data modelling, with a focus on model diagnostics and goodness of fit procedures. My applied research has focused on studies using data from population-based cancer registries to investigate disparities in patterns of cancer care and outcomes.
- Haymart MR, Banerjee M, Stewart AK, Koenig RJ, Birkmeyer JD, Griggs JJ. (2011). Use of Radioactive Iodine for Thyroid Cancer Journal of the American Medical Association 721-728.
- Banerjee M., Ding Y., Noone A.M (2012). Identifying Representative Trees from Ensembles Statistics in Medicine..
- Zhao L, Banerjee M. (2012). Bayesian Piecewise Mixture Model for Racial Disparity in Prostate Cancer Progression Computational Statistics and Data Analysis 362-369.
- Filson C.P., Banerjee M., Wolf S. Jr., Ye Z., Wei J.T., Miller D.C. (2011). Surgeon Characteristics and Long-term Trends in the Adoption of Laparoscopic Radical Nephrectomy Journal of Urology 2072-2077.
- Sen A., Banerjee M., Li Y., Noone A.M. (2010). A Bayesian Approach to Competing Risks with Masked Cause of Death Statistics in Medicine 1681-1695.
- Banerjee M, Noone A.M. (2008). Tree-Based Methods for Survival Data. In M. Segal, S. Datta, J. Fine (Ed.) Statistical Advances in Biomedical Sciences: State of the Art and Future Directions 265-285. Wiley: New York.
- Miller, D.C., Saigal, C.S., Banerjee, M., Hanley, J., Litwin, M.S. (2008). Diffusion of Surgical Innovation Among Patients with Kidney Cancer. Cancer 1708-1717.
- Banerjee, M., George, J., Yee, C., Hryniuk, W., Schwartz, K. (2007). Disentangling the Effects of Race on Breast Cancer Treatment Cancer 2169-2177.
- Banerjee M., George J., Song E.Y., Roy A., and Hrynuik W. (2004). Tree-Based Model for Breast Cancer Prognostication. Journal of Clinical Oncology 2567-2575.
- Banerjee M. and Frees E.W. (1997). Influence Diagnostics for Linear Longitudinal Models. Journal of the American Statistical Association 999-1005.
- American Statistical Association
- International Biometric Society
- International Indian Statistical Association
- International Statistical Institute