Simone Charles, PhD, M.S.
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Environmental Health Sciences
- M6216 SPH II
- 1415 Washington Heights
- Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-2029
- PhD, Michigan State University (Environmental Chemistry and Toxicology)
- M.S., University of Maryland, Maryland (Environmental Science)
- B.S., University of Wester Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidate & Tobago (Natural Sciences)
- Smith, J, Rocke, K, Charles, S, Chang, S, Wright, Walker, S., Taveras, E and Tulloch-Reid,
M (2018). Role of fathers in overweight prevention: An analysis of a Caribbean cohort.
Global Health, Epidemiology and Genomics 3, e15, 1–7. https://doi.org/ 10.1017/gheg.2018.12
- Rustin, C, Kuriatnyk, C, Lobsinger, B and Charles, S. (2015). Use of geographical
information systems to identify counties in Georgia with high risk for childhood lead
poisoning. Journal of Georgia Public Health Association 5 (2): 170-176.
- Kyte, B, Ifebi, E, Shrestha, S, Charles, S, Liu, F and Zhang, J. (2015). High red
blood cell folate is associated with an increased risk of death among adults with
diabetes, a 15-year follow-up of a national cohort. Nutrition, Metabolism, and Cardiovascular
Diseases 25 (11): 997-1006.
- Woodhouse, L., et al., Charles, S (2015). Evaluation of diverse community asthma interventions:
Balancing health outcomes with developing community capacity for evidence-based program
measurement. Population Health Management, 18 (5): 342-350.
- Woodhouse, L, et al., Charles, S (2013). A Merged Model of Quality Improvement and
Evaluation: Maximizing Return on Investment. Health Promotion Practice, 14 (6): 885-892.
- Luque, L, Reyes-Ortiz, C, Marella, P, Bowers, A, Panchal, V, Anderson, L, Charles,
S (2012). Mobile farm clinic outreach to address health conditions among Latino migrant
farmworkers in Georgia. Journal of Agromedicine 17 (4): 386-397.
- Batterman, S, Godwin, C, Chernyak, S, Jia, C and Charles, S (2010). Brominated flame
retardants in offices in Michigan, USA. Environmental International, 36 (6): 548-556.
- Jia C, Batterman S, Godwin C, Charles S and Chin J-Y (2010). Sources and Migration
of VOCs in Mixed-Use Buildings. Indoor Air, 20 (5): 357-369.
- Batterman, S, Chernyak, S, Jia, C, Godwin, C and Charles, S (2009). Concentrations
and emissions of polybrominated diphenyl ethers from U.S. houses and garages. Environmental
Science and Technology, 43 (8): 2693-2700.
- Charles, S, Batterman, S and Jia, C (2008). VOC and particulate emissions from commercial
cigarettes: Analysis of 2,5-DMF as an ETS tracer. Environmental Science and Technology,