- PhD, Nutritional Sciences, University of Arizona, 2002
- M.S., Nutritional Sciences, University of Arizona, 1995
- B.S., Nutritional Sciences, University of Vermont, 1990
Davis, R.E., Dal Cin, S., Cole, S.M., Reyes, L.I., McKenney-Shubert, S.J., Fleischer, N.L., Densen, L.C., & Peterson, K.E. (In press). A tale of two stories: An exploration of identification, message recall, and narrative preferences among low-income, Mexican American women. Health Communication.
Davis, R.E., Cole, S.M., Blake, C.E., McKenney-Shubert, S.J., & Peterson, K.E. (2016). Eat, play, view, sleep: Exploring Mexican American mothers’ perception of decision making for four behaviors associated with childhood obesity risk. Appetite 104-113.
Davis, R.E., Cole, S.M., Reyes, L.I., McKenney-Shubert, S.J., & Peterson, K.E. (2015). “It hurts a Latina when they tell us anything about our children”: Implications of Mexican-origin mothers’ maternal identities, aspirations, and attitudes about cultural transmission for childhood obesity prevention. Childhood Obesity 608-615.
Cole, S.M. and Long, J.C. (2008). A coalescent simulation of marker selection strategy for candidate gene association studies. American Journal of Medical Genetics Part B: Neuropsychiatric Genetics 86-93.
- Lemmerthirt, H.L, Shavit, J.A., Levy G.G., Cole, S.M. Long, J.C. and Ginsburg, D. (2006). Enhanced VWF biosynthesis and elevated plasma VWF due to a natural variant in the murine VWF gene Blood 3661-67.
- Mulligan, C.J., Hunley, K. Cole, S. and Long, J.C. (2004). Population genetics, history and health patterns in Native Americans. Annual Review of Genomics and Human Genetics 295-315.
- Ritenbaugh, C., Teufel-Shone, N.I., Aickin M.G., Joe, J.R., Poirier, S., Dillingham, D.C., Johnson, D., Cole, S.M. and Cockerham, D. (2003). A lifestyle intervention improves plasma insulin levels among Native American high school youth. Preventive Medicine 309-319.
- Cole, S.M., Teufel-Shone, N.I., Ritenbaugher, C.K., Yzenbaard, R.A. and Cockerham, D.L. (2001). Dietary intake and food patterns of Zuni adolescents. Journal of the American Dietetic Assocation 802-806.