Michael R. Elliott, PhD
- Professor, Biostatistics Department
- Associate Chair, Academic Affairs
- Research Professor, Survey Research Center
- M4124 SPH II
- 1415 Washington Heights
- Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-2029
- ISR Rm 4068
- 426 Thompson St.
- Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109
Michael Elliott is a Professor of Biostatistics at the University of Michigan School of Public Health and Research Scientist at the Institute for Social Research. He received his PhD in biostatistics in 1999 from the University of Michigan. Prior to joining the University of Michigan in 2005, he held an appointment as an Assistant Professor at the Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, and prior to that as a Visiting Professor of Biostatistics at the University of Michigan School of Public Health and as a Visiting Research Scientist at the University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute. Dr. Elliott's statistical research interests focus around the broad topic of "missing data," including the design and analysis of sample surveys, casual and counterfactual inference, and latent variable models. He has worked closely with collaborators in injury research, pediatrics, women's health, and the social determinants of physical and mental health. Dr. Elliott serves as an Associate Editor for the Journal of the American Statistical Association and the Journal of Survey Statistics and Methodology.
- PhD, Biostatistics, University of Michigan, 1999
- M.S., Biostatistics, University of Michigan, 1997
- B.A., Mathematics, University of Chicago, 1985
- Zhou, T., Elliott, M.R., Little, R.J.A. (2018). Penalized Spline of Propensity Methods for Treatment Comparison. To appear in Journal of the American Statistical Association.
- Elliott, M.R., Valliant, R. (2017). Inference for Non-probability Samples. Statistical Science, 32, 249–264.
- Zhou, H., Elliott, M.R., Raghunathan, T.E. (2016). A Two-Step Semiparametric Method to Accommodate Sampling Weights in Multiple Imputation. Biometrics 72, 242-252.
- Jiang, B., Elliott, M.R., Sammel, M.D., Wang, N. (2015). Joint Modeling of Cross-Sectional Health Outcomes and Longitudinal Predictors via Mixtures of Means and Variances. Biometrics, 71, 487-497.
- Elliott, M.R., Conlon, A.S.C., Li, Y., Kaciroti, N., Taylor, J.M.G. (2015). Surrogacy Marker Paradox Measures in Meta-Analytic Settings. Biostatistics, 16, 400-12.
- Elliott, M.R., Sammel, M.D., Faul, J. (2012). Variability as a Predictor of Health in Longitudinal Studies. Statistics in Medicine, 31, 2745-2756.
- Elliott, M.R., Raghunathan, T.E., Li, Y. (2010). Bayesian Inference for Causal Mediation Effects Using Principal Stratification with Dichotomous Mediators and Outcomes. Biostatistics, 11, 353-372.
- Lin, J.Y., Ten Have T.R., Elliott, M.R. (2009). Nested Markov Compliance Class Model in the Presence of Time-Varying Noncompliance. Biometrics, 65, 505-513.
- Elliott, M.R. (2009). Model Averaging Methods for Weight Trimming in Generalized Linear Regression Models. Journal of Official Statistics, 25, 1-20.
- Elliott, M.R., Little, R.J.A. (2005). A Bayesian Approach to 2000 Census Evaluation using A.C.E. Survey Data and Demographic Analysis. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 100, 380-388.
- International Statistical Institute
- American Statistical Association
- Royal Statistical Society
- ENAR, International Biometric Society
- Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine