- BIOSTAT590: Statistical analysis and presentation of research projects Syllabus (PDF)
- PhD, Statistics, Temple University, 1989
- M.S., Statistics, Ohio State University, 1975
- B.A., Mathematics, Earlham College, 1972
Research Interests & Projects
- My research interests are in the area of censored data and clinical trials.
One research interest concerns the application of categorical regression models to the case of censored survival data. This technique is useful in modeling the hazard function (instead of treating it as a nuisance parameter, as in Cox proportional hazards regression), or in the situation where time-related interactions (i.e., non-proportional hazards) are present. An investigation comparing various categorical modeling strategies is currently in progress.
Another area of interest is the analysis of cross-over trials with censored data. I have developed (with M. Feingold) a set of nonparametric methods for testing and estimation in this setting. Our methods out-perform previous methods in most cases.