Jennifer J. Griggs, M.D., MPH
- Professor, Department of Health Management & Policy
- Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Hematology & Oncology Division
- Affiliate, National Center for Poverty, Ford School of Public Policy
- Member, Institute of Health Policy and Innovation
- 2800 Plymouth Road
- Building 16, 116W
- Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109
Dr. Jennifer Griggs is Professor in the UM Department of Internal Medicine, Hematology & Oncology Division, and in the Department of Health Management & Policy at UM SPH.
- MPH, Public Health, University of Rochester, 2000
- M.D., Medicine, SUNY Buffalo School of Medicine, 1990
- B.A. , Biology and English, Mount Holyoke College, 1986
Research Interests & Projects
Quality of breast cancer care and effect on outcomes
Racial/ethnic and socioeconomic disparities in quality of breast cancer systemic therapy
- Griggs, J.J., Sorbero, M.E.S., Stark, A.T., Heininger, S.E., Dick, A.W. (2003). Racial disparity in the dose and dose intensity of breast cancer adjuvant chemotherapy. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment 21-31.
- Griggs, J.J., Sorbero, M.E.S., Lyman, G.H. (2005). Undertreatment of obese women receiving breast cancer chemotherapy. Archives of Internal Medicine 1267-73..
- Griggs, J.J., Culakova, E., Sorbero, M.S., van Ryn, M., Poniewierski, M.S., Wolff, D.A., Crawford, J., Dale, D.C., Lyman, G.H. (2007). The effect of patient socioeconomic status and body mass index on the quality of breast cancer adjuvant chemotherapy. Journal of Clinical Oncology 277-284.
- Greenman, C.G., Jagielski, C.H., Griggs, J.J. (2008). Breast cancer adjuvant chemotherapy dosing in obese patients: Dissemination of information from clinical trials to clinical practice. Cancer 2159 - 2165.
- Griggs, J.J., Sorbero, M.S., Ahrendt, G.M., Stark, A., Heininger, S., Gold, H.T., Schiffhauer, L.M., Dick, A.W. (2009). The pen and the scalpel: Effect of diffusion of information on non-clinical variations in surgical treatment. Medical Care 749-757.
- Haymart MR, Banerjee M, Stewart AK, Koenig RJ, Birkmeyer JD, and Griggs JJ (2011). Use of radioactive iodine for thyroid cancer JAMA 721-728.
- Griggs JJ, Hawley ST, Graff JJ, Hamilton AS, Janz NK, Mujahid MS, Friese CR, Salem B, Abrahamse P, Katz SJ (2012). Factors associated with receipt of breast cancer adjuvant chemotherapy in a diverse population-based sample Journal of Clinical Oncology 3058-64.
- Friese CR, Pini TM, Li Y, Abrahamse PH, Graff JJ, Hamilton AS, Jagsi R, Janz NK, Hawley ST, Katz SJ, Griggs JJ. (2013). Adjuvant endocrine therapy initiation and persistence in a diverse sample of patients with breast cancer Breast Cancer Research and Treatment 931-939.
- Haymart MR, Banerjee M, Yin H, Worden F, Griggs JJ (2013). Marginal treatment benefit in anaplastic thyroid cancer. Cancer 3133-3139.
- Griggs JJ, Liu Y, Sorbero ME, Jagielski CH, Maly RC (2014). Adjuvant chemotherapy dosing in low-income women: The impact of Hispanic ethnicity and patient self-efficacy Breast Cancer Research and Treatment 665-672.
- American Society of Clinical Oncology