I am a political scientist who studies the effects of market regulation, particularly crossborder regulation and international trade and investment agreements, on health and social policies. Within this broad topic, my publications address questions related to the relationship between tobacco control regulation and the world trading system, the regulation of crossborder health markets in the European Union, crossborder collaborations to promote innovative public health and environmental regulation, and the impact of crossborder patient mobility on global health governance.
I am also a member of the North American Digital Government Working Group, a network of researchers in Canada, the US and Mexico formed with the support of the National Science Foundation. Together, we research collaborative mechanisms to support the smart disclosure and exchange of product data that can inform consumer choice and create more sustainable supply chains.
In 2009, I received my PhD in Political Science from the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) for comparative research into the use of non-trade issues, including environmental protections and labor standards, as weapons and incentives in EU and US trade policy.
I received my MRes in Political Science from the London School of Economics in 2006, and my BA in British Politics and Legislative Studies from the University of Hull, UK in 2002. In fall 2011, I was a Visiting Professor at L’Institut d’études politiques de Grenoble (Sciences Po Grenoble).
- Ph.D., , London School of Economics & Political Science,
- Master of Research, , London School of Economics & Political Science, 2006
- B.A. Hon., , University of Hull, 2002
- Jarman, Holly (February, 2014). The New NHS Structure is Unstable Health Service Journal .
- Jarman, Holly (April, 2014). Healthcare, Borders, and Boundaries: Crossborder Health Markets and the Entrepreneurial State Policy and Society .
- Holly Jarman, Judith Schmidt, and Daniel B. Rubin (2012). When Trade Law Meets Public Health Evidence: The WTO and Clove Cigarettes BMJ Tobacco Control 596-598.
- Holly Jarman and Katherine Truby (2013). Traveling for Treatment: the Implications of European Union Patient Mobility Debates for Health Quality and Access in the United States Journal of Comparative Policy Analysis: Research and Practice 37-57.
- Holly Jarman (2011). Collaboration and Consultation: Functional Representation in EU Stakeholder Dialogues Journal of European Integration 385-399.
- Holly Jarman and Scott Greer (2010). Crossborder Trade in Health Services: Lessons from the European Laboratory Health Policy 158-163.
- Holly Jarman and Scott Greer (2010). Mobilizing for Reform: Cohesion in State Health Care Coalitions In M. Zald, J. Banaszak-Holl and S. Levitsky (Ed.) Social Movements and the Transformation of American Healthcare . Oxford University Press
- Holly Jarman and Scott Greer (2010). In the Eye of the Storm: Public Servants and Managers in the UK Department of Health Social Policy & Administration 172-92.
- Scott Greer and Holly Jarman (2012). Managing risks in EU health services policy: Spot markets, legal certainty and bureaucratic resistance Journal of European Social Policy 259-272.