President, Health Research & Educational Trust and
Senior Vice President of Research, American Hospital Association
Board member, Anne Arundel Health System
Previously: Senior Advisor, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Vice President, Institute for Healthcare Improvement, Senior Director of Quality, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Executive Vice President, The HMO Group
- Doctorate, Public Health, University of Michigan, 2000
- Masters, Health Services Administration, University of Michigan, 1992
- Bachelor of Science, Mathematics, Lafayette College, 1990
Research Interests & Projects
Applied research, large scale improvement, leadership, governance, quality, quantitative
- DesRoches CM, Charles D, Furukawa MF, Joshi MS, Kralovec P, Mostashari F, Worzala C, Jha AK (2013). Adoption of electronic health records grows rapidly, but fewer than half of US hospitals had at least a basic system in 2012. Health Affairs 1478-85.
- McHugh M, Joshi M (2010). Improving evaluations of value based Purchasing Programs Health Services Research 1559-69.
- Hines S. and Joshi M. (2008). Variation in Quality of Care Within Health Systems The Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety.