Anant Kshirsagar is an Emeritus Professor of Biostatistics. He received his M.Sc. in statistics from Bombay University (India) in 1951, his Ph.D. from Manchester University (England) in 1961, and his D.Sc. (for sustained publication record and quality of research developers) from Manchester in 1972. He was an Associate Professor of Statistics at the Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas (1968-1971). He was then a Professor of Statistics at Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas (1971-1977). Before 1968, he was at the University of Bombay and Defense Science Laboratory in Delhi, India. He has held Visiting Professorships at Texas A&M University and Poona University (India). He has worked in various areas of statistics and biostatistics including multivariate analusis, design of experiment, growth curves, Markov renewal processes, response surfaces, discriminate analysis, linear models, and bioassays.
- D.Sc., Statistics, Manchester University, 1976
- Ph.D., Statistics, Manchester University, 1961
- M.Sc., Statistics, Bombay University, India, 1951
Research Interests & Projects
- One of my research interests is in the extension of growth curve models, which arise in longitudinal data analysis useful in Biometry and medical science. Another interest is in the SAS-oriented analysis of mixed traditional replication designs useful in industry. Also, I am interested in mixed linear models, as well as multivariate techniques, especially estimation of chance of miscalculation.
- Mentz, G. and Kshirsagar, A. M. (2003). Some Extensions of the Potthoff-Roy Growth Curve Model. Communications in Statistics. .
- Park, P. and Kshirasagar, A. M. (2002). A United Method of Analysis of Bio-Assay Designs. Journal of Statistical Studies, Bangladesh 145-157.
- Shyr, Y. and Kshirsagar, A. M. (1997). Stepwise Canonical Analysis in Categorical Data. Communications in Statistics 1575-1585.
- Wang, W. and Kshirsagar, A. M. (1996). Use of Lattice Square designs in Bioassays. Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics 185-99.
- Park, P. and Kshirsagar, A. M. (1996). Chance of Misclassification. Australia's Journal of Statistics 75-83.
- Weissfeld and Kshirsagar, A. M. (1992). A Modified Growth Curve Model and its Application in Clinical Studies. Australia's Journal of Statistics 161-168.
- Fellow, American Statistical Association
- Fellow, Institute of Mathematical Statistics
- Member, International Statistical Institute
- Editorial Board Member, Communications in Statistics