Seunggeun (Shawn) Lee is an Associate Professor in the Department of Biostatistics. He received his Ph.D. in Biostatistics from the University of North Carolina at Chapel and completed a postdoctoral training at Harvard School of Public Health. His research focuses on developing statistical and computational methods for the analysis of the large-scale high-dimensional genomic data, which is essential to better understand the genetic architecture of complex diseases and traits.
- BIOSTAT651: Applied Statistics II: Extensions for Linear Regression Syllabus (PDF)
- B.S., Biology and Statistics, Seoul National University, 2005
- Ph.D., Biostatistics, University of North Carolina, 2010
- Lee, S. Abecasis, G., Boehnke, M., Lin, X. (2014). Rare-Variant Association Analysis: Study Designs and Statistical Tests American Journal of Human Genetics, 95, 5–23.
- Lee, S., Zou, F. and Wright, F.A. (2014). Convergence of sample eigenvalues, eigenvectors, and principal component scores for ultra-high dimensional data Biometrika, 101, 484-490.
- Lee, S., Teslovich, T., Boehnke, M., Lin, X. (2013). General framework for meta-analysis of rare variants in sequencing association studies. American Journal of Human Genetics, 93, 42-53.
- Ionita-Laza, I.*, Lee, S.*, Makarov, V., Buxbaum, J. Lin, X. (2013). Sequence kernel association tests for the combined effect of rare and common variants. American Journal of Human Genetics. *Joint first author, 92, 841–853.
- Lee, S., Emond, M.J., Bamshad, M.J., Barnes, K.C., Rieder, M.J. Nickerson, D.A., NHLBI GO Exome Sequencing ProjectESP Lung Project Team, Christiani, D.C., Wurfel, M.M. and Lin, X. (2012). Optimal unified approach for rare variant association testing with application to small sample case-control whole-exome sequencing studies. American Journal of Human Genetics, 91, 224-237.
- Lee, S., Wu, M. and Lin, X. (2012). Optimal tests for rare variant effects in sequencing association studies. Biostatistics, 13, 762-775.
- Wright, F.A., Strug, L.J., Doshi, V.K., Commander, C.W., Blackman, S.M., Sun, L., Berthiaume, Y., Cutler, D., Cojocaru, A., Collaco, J.M, Corey, M., Dorfman, R., Goddard, K., Green, D., Kent Jr, J.W., Ethan, Lange, Lee, S., Li, W., Luo, J., Mayhew, G., Na (2011). Genome-wide association and linkage identify modifier loci of lung disease severity in cystic fibrosis at 11p13 and 20q13.2. Nature Genetics, 43, 539-546.
- Wu, M.*, Lee, S.*, Cai, T., Li, Y., Boehnke, M., Lin, X. (2011). Rare Variant Association Testing for Sequencing Data Using the Sequence Kernel Association Test (SKAT). American Journal of Human Genetics. *Joint first author, 89, 82-93.
- Lee, S., Wright, F.A. and Zou, F. (2011). Control of population stratification by correlation-selected principal components. Biometrics, 67, 967-974.
- Lee, S., Zou, F. and Wright, F.A. (2010). Convergence and prediction of principal component scores in high dimensional settings. Annals of Statistics, 38, 3605-3629.