Lisa Prosser, PhD
- Director, Susan B. Meister Child Health Evaluation and Research Center
- Assistant Dean for Research Faculty, Medical School
- Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Medical School
- Professor, Department of Health Management and Policy
- 300 North Ingalls 6E14
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
Dr. Prosser is a Professor and Director of the Susan B. Meister Child Health Evaluation and Research Center. Her research focuses on measuring the value of childhood health interventions using methods of decision sciences and economics. Current research topics include newborn screening programs, vaccination programs, and methods for valuing family spillover effects of illness. She also uses quantitative survey methods (health utility assessment, conjoint analysis) to measure health-related quality of life and preferences for health interventions.
Dr. Prosser's research evaluating the cost-effectiveness of vaccination programs has been used in setting national vaccine policy for children and adults. Her work with the Evidence Review Group for the Advisory Committee on Heritable Disorders in Newborns and Children using decision science modeling to project long-term health outcomes for proposed newborn screening programs has been used to inform national newborn screening policy decisions. She is currently a member of the evidence review group for the Advisory Committee on Heritable Disorders in Newborns and Children and the ACIP Zoster Working Group.
Dr. Prosser has contributed to faculty development programs at the department, school, and institutional level. She currently serves as the Assistant Dean for Research Faculty at the Medical School. Dr. Prosser also holds an adjunct faculty appointment at the Harvard School of Public Health.
- HMP806: Doctoral Seminar in Health Services and Systems Research IV Syllabus (PDF)
- HMP680: Advanced Topics in Cost-Effectiveness Analysis and Decision Science Syllabus (PDF)
- PhD, Health Policy (Concentration: Decision Sciences), Harvard University, 2000
- M.S., Technology & Policy, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1992
- M.S., Management, MIT Sloan School of Management, 1992
- B.A., Mathematics (Concentration: Operations Research), Cornell University, 1988
- Prosser L.A., Defining the value of treatments for rare pediatric conditions (editorial). JAMA Pediatrics. 2018 Dec 1;172(12):1123-1124. doi: 10.1001/jamapediatrics.2018.3343
- Prosser L.A., Lam K.K., Gross S.D., Casale M., Kemper A.R., Using decision analysis to support newborn screening policy decisions: a case study
for Pompe disease. MDM Policy Pract. 2018 Jan-Jun;3(1) doi: 10.1177/238146831763814.
- Sanders G.D., Neumann P.J., Basu A., Brock D.W., Feeny D., Krahn M., Kuntz K.M., Meltzer
D.O., Owens D.K., Prosser L.A., Salomon J.A., Sculpher M.J., Trikalinos T.A., Russel
L.B., Siegel J.E., Ganiats T.G. Recommendations for conduct, methodological practices, and reporting of cost-effectiveness
analyses: Second panel on cost-effectiveness in health and medicine. JAMA. 2016 Sep 13;316(10):1093-103.doi:10.1001/jama.2016.12195.
- Wittenberg E., Prosser L.A., Health as a family affair. N Engl J Med. 2016 May 12;374(19):1804-06. doi: 10.1056/NEJMp1064456.
- Prosser L.A., Lamarand K., Gebremariam A., Wittenberg E., Measuring family HRQOL spillover effects using direct health utility assessment methods. Med Decis Making. 2015 Jan;35(1):83-93. doi: 10.1177/0272989X14541328.
- Prosser L.A., Harpaz R., Rose A.M., Gebremariam A., Guo A., Ortega-Sanchez I.R., Zhou F., Dooling K., A cost-effectiveness analysis of vaccination for prevention of herpes zoster and related complications: Input for national recommendations. Ann Intern Med. 2019 Feb 19. doi: 10.7326/M18-2347. [Epub ahead of print].
- American Society for Health Economists
- International Health Economics Association
- International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research
- Society for Medical Decision Making