Scott M. Ratliff, M.S., B.S.
Research Area Specialist Intermediate and Intermittent Lecturer in Epidemiology
- 2673 SPH I
- 1415 Washington Heights
- Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-2029
I am currently working with Dr. Jennifer Smith as a research analyst on various projects related to genetic epidemiology and social genomics. My training is in applied mathematics, and I have interests in teaching as well as research and SAS programming. I have taught math, statistics, and SAS programming courses for 9th grade through PhD students. I have also previously worked as a research analyst for the Veterans Health Administration in Ann Arbor, MI; the Veterans Health Administration in Richmond, VA; and for Virginia Commonwealth University. I have been with the University of Michigan since January of 2017.
- B.S., Mathematics, Michigan State University
- M.S., Applied Mathematics, University of Maryland
Linear and nonlinear modeling applied to epidemiologic research, genetic epidemiology
- Ratliff S, Mezuk B. Depressive symptoms, psychiatric medication use, and risk of type 2 diabetes: results from the Health and Retirement Study. General Hospital Psychiatry 2015;37(5):420-426.
- Smith JA, Zhao W, Wang X, Ratliff SM, Mukherjee B, Kardia SLR, Liu Y, Diez Roux AV, Needham BL. Neighborhood characteristics influence DNA methylation of genes involved in stress response and inflammation: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis. Epigenetics 2017;12(8):662-673.
- Mezuk B, Ratliff S, Concha JB, Abdou CM, Rafferty J, Lee H, Jackson JS. Stress, self-regulation, and context: Evidence from the Health and Retirement Survey. SSM Population Health 2017;Dec(3):455-463.
- Smith JA, Zhao W, Yasutake K, August C, Ratliff SM, Faul JD, Boerwinkle E, Chakravarti A, Diez Roux AV, Gao Y, Griswold ME, Heiss G, Kardia SLR, Morrison AC, Musani SK, Mwasongwe S, North KE, Rose KM, Sims M, Sun YV, Weir DR, Needham BL. Gene-by-psychosocial factor interactions influence diastolic blood pressure in European and African ancestry populations: Meta-analysis of four cohort studies. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 2017;14(12):1596.
- Elston Lafata J, Miller CA, Shires DA, Dyer K, Ratliff SM, Schreiber M. Patients' adoption of and feature access within electronic patient portals. The American Journal of Managed Care 2018;24(11):e352-e357.