Ananda Sen, PhD
- Lee A. Green Collegiate Research Professor, Department of Biostatistics
- Research Professor, Department of Family Medicine
- 1018 Fuller Street
- Ann Arbor, Michigan Ann Arbor, MI 48104
BIOSTAT 601: Probability and Distribution Theory
BIOSTAT 602: Biostatistical Inference
BIOSTAT 653: Applied Statistics III: ANOVA and Linear Mixed Models
BIOSTAT 802: Advanced Inference II
- PhD, Statistics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 1993
- M.S., Statistics, Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta, India, 1987
- B.S., Statistics, Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta, India, 1985
As a joint faculty in Michigan Medicine, I am heavily involved in collaborative projects in a variety of topics including cancer prevention through behavioral and lifestyle interventions, health services research, women’s health, disability research. My applied collaborations as a primary biostatistician supporting the work of the GI oncology group at the University of Michigan Rogel Cancer Center have focused on studies of biomarker discovery and dietary interventions in gastrointestinal cancers.
- Boonstra, PS, Barbaro, RP, Sen A. Default Priors for the Intercept Parameter in Logistic Regressions. Comput Stat Data Anal, 133: 245-256, 2019.
- Satagopan JM, Sen A, Zhou Q, Qing L, Rothman N, Langseth H, Engel LS. Bayes and empirical Bayes methods for reduced rank regression models in matched case-control studies. Biometrics, 72(2):584-95, 2016.
- Sen A, Banerjee M, Li Y, Noone AM. A Bayesian approach to competing risks analysis with masked cause of death. Stat Med, 29(16):1681-95, 2010.
- Basu S, Sen A, Banerjee M. Bayesian analysis of competing risks with partially masked cause of failures. Applied Statistics, 52:77-93, 2003.
- Basu S, Banerjee M, Sen A. Bayesian inference for Kappa from single and multiple studies. Biometrics, 56:577-582, 2000.
- Sen A, Zhao L, Djuric Z, Turgeon DK, Ruffin MT, Smith WL, Brenner DE, Normolle DP. An adaptive Bayesian design for personalized dosing in a cancer prevention trial. Am J Prev Med, 59(4):e167-e173, 2020.
- Djuric Z, Turgeon DK, Sen A, Ren J, Herman K, Ramaswamy D, Zhao L, Ruffin MT 4th, Normolle DP, Smith WL, Brenner DE. The anti-inflammatory effect of personalized omega-3 fatty acid dosing for reducing prostaglandin e2 in the colonic mucosa is attenuated in obesity. Cancer Prev Res (Phila), 10(12):729-737, 2017.
- Zick SM, Sen A, Wyatt GK, Murphy SL, Arnedt JT, Harris RE. Investigation of 2 types of self-administered acupressure for persistent cancer-related fatigue in breast cancer survivors: a randomized clinical trial. JAMA Oncol, 2(11):1470-76, 2016.
- Sen A, Ren J, Ruffin MT, Turgeon DK, Brenner DE, Sidahmed E, Rapai ME, Cornellier ML, Djuric, Z. Relationships between serum and colon concentrations of carotenoids and fatty acids in randomized dietary intervention trial. Cancer Prev Res, 6(6):558-65, 2013.
- Sen A, Lee S-Y, Gillespie BW, Kazerooni EA, Goodsitt MM, Rosenman KD, Lockey JE, Meyer CA, Petsonk EL, Wang ML, Franzblau A. Comparing film and digital radiographs for reliability of pneumoconiosis classifications: A modeling approach. Acad Radiol, 17(4):511-19, 2010.
- American Statistical Association
- Internationall Biometric Society
- International Indian Statistical Association
- International Statistical Institute