Alexander Tsodikov, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Mathematics/Application of Computing, Mathematical Models and Methods in Natural Sciences, St. Petersburg State Technical University, 1991
- M.Sc., Applied Mathematics, St. Petersburg State Technical University, 1988
Research Interests & Projects
My research interests have mainly been evolving around cancer research. My recent methodological interest has centered on the idea of artificial mixture or frailty models and its self-consistency generalization as a tool to derive computationally efficient inference procedures for a wide variety of statistical models. Much of this methodology was initially developed for so-called semiparametric cure models that incorporate improper distributions showing a tail defect. I'm working on a project funded by the National Cancer Institute applying these methods to build a comprehensive model of the dynamics of the national incidence and mortality trends in prostate cancer in the presence of variable utilization of screening. I am also interested in multivariate semiparametric survival models, age-period-cohort models, categorical data analysis and computational approaches to statistical inference such as EM and MM algorithms. I also have a broad ongoing statistical consulting experience in basic and clinical research as well as epidemiology and population sciences.
- Hu, C., Tsodikov, A. (2013). Semiparametric Regression Analysis for Time-to-Event Marked Endpoints in Cancer Studies Biostatistics.
- Hu, C., Tsodikov, A. (2014). Joint Modeling Approach for Semicompeting Risks Data with Missing Nonterminal Event Status Lifetime Data Analysis.
- Ha, J. and Tsodikov, A. (2011). Isotonic Estimation of Survival under a Misattribution of Cause of Death Lifetime Data Analysis.
- Wang, S., Tsodikov, A. (2010). A Self-consistency Approach to Multinomial Logit Model with Random Effects Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference 1939-1947.
- Tsodikov, A., Chefo, S. (2008). Generalized Self-Consistency: Multinomial logit model and Poisson likelihood Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference 2380-2397.
- Tsodikov, A. and Garibotti, G. (2007). Profile Information Matrix for Nonlinear Transformation Models Lifetime Data Analysis 139-159.
- Tsodikov, A., Szabo, A., and Wegelin, J. (2006). A population model of prostate cancer incidence Statistics in Medicine 2846-2866.
- Tsodikov A. (2003). Semiparametric models: A generalized self-consistency approach. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B 759-774.
- Tsodikov A. Ibrahim J.G., and Yakovlev A.Y. (2003). Estimating Cure Rates from Survival Data: An Alternative to Two-Component Mixture Models. Journal of the American Statistical Association 1063-1078.
- Tsodikov A.D. (1998). A proportional hazards model taking account of long-term survivors. Biometrics 1508-1516.
- 2011-present: Elected Member, International Statistical Institute
- American Statistical Association
- International Biometric Society