Alexander Tsodikov, PhD
- Professor of Biostatistics
- M4142 SPH II
- 1415 Washington Heights
- Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-2029
- PhD, Mathematics/Application of Computing, Mathematical Models and Methods in Natural Sciences, St. Petersburg State Technical University, 1991
- M.Sc., Applied Mathematics, St. Petersburg State Technical University, 1988
Research Interests & Projects
My research interests have mainly been evolving around cancer research. My recent methodological interest has centered on the idea of artificial mixture or frailty models and its self-consistency generalization as a tool to derive computationally efficient inference procedures for a wide variety of statistical models. Much of this methodology was initially developed for so-called semiparametric cure models that incorporate improper distributions showing a tail defect. I'm working on a project funded by the National Cancer Institute applying these methods to build a comprehensive model of the dynamics of the national incidence and mortality trends in prostate cancer in the presence of variable utilization of screening. I am also interested in multivariate semiparametric survival models, age-period-cohort models, categorical data analysis and computational approaches to statistical inference such as EM and MM algorithms. I also have a broad ongoing statistical consulting experience in basic and clinical research as well as epidemiology and population sciences.
- * Tran, Q., Kidwell, K., Tsodikov, A. (2018) A Joint Model of Cancer Incidence, Metastasis, and Mortality, Lifetime Data
Analysis, 24/3, 385-406. (* Tsodikov’s PhD student)
- * Rice, J., Tsodikov, A. (2017) Semiparametric Time-to-Event Modeling in the Presence of a Latent Progression
Event, Biometrics, 73/2, 463-472. PMCID: PMC5325816. (* Tsodikov’s PhD student)
- * Ha, J. and Tsodikov, A. (2015) Semiparametric Estimation in the Proportional Hazard Model Accounting for
a Misclassified Cause of Failure, Biometrics, 71/4, 941-9, PMCID: PMC4689683. (* Tsodikov’s PhD student)
- Hu, C., Tsodikov, A. (2014) Semiparametric Regression Analysis for Time-to-Event Marked Endpoints in
Cancer Studies, Biostatistics, 15/3, 513-25, PMCID:PMC4102917. (* Tsodikov’s PhD student)
- Tsodikov, A., Chefo, S. (2008) Generalized Self-Consistency: Multinomial logit model and Poisson likelihood, Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 138, 2380-2397, PMCID: PMC2516948.
- Tsodikov, A., Szabo, A., and Wegelin, J. (2006) A population model of prostate cancer incidence, Statistics in Medicine, 25, 2846-2866.
- Tsodikov, A., Ibrahim, J.G., and Yakovlev, A.Y. (2003) Estimating Cure Rates from Survival Data: An Alternative to Two-Component Mixture Models, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 98, 1063-1078.
- Tsodikov, A. (2003) Semiparametric models: A generalized self-consistency approach, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B, 65, 759-774.
- Tsodikov, A., Szabo, A., Jones, D. (2002) Adjustments and tests for differential expression with microarray data, Bioinformatics, 18, 251-260.
- Tsodikov, A.D. and W. Müller, (1998) Modeling carcinogenesis under a time-changing exposure, Mathematical Biosciences, 152, 179-191.
- Tsodikov, A.D., (1998) A proportional hazards model taking account of long-term survivors, Biometrics, 54, 1508-1516.
- Tsodikov A., Asselain B., Fourquet A., Hoang T., Yakovlev A. (1995) Discrete strategies of cancer post treatment surveillance. Estimation and optimization problems, Biometrics, 51, 437-447.
- 2011-present: Elected Member, International Statistical Institute
- American Statistical Association
- International Biometric Society