Lauren P. Wallner, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Division of General Medicine
Assistant Professor, Department of Epidemiology
Adjunct Investigator, Kaiser Permanente Southern California
- North Campus Research Complex
- Bldg 16, Room 409E
- 2800 Plymouth Road
- Ann Arbor, MI 48109
M.P.H., Occupational and Environmental Epidemiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
B.S.: Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Research Interests & Projects
- Quality of care after primary cancer treatment.
- Designing and evaluating interventions to improve care navigation in breast and prostate cancer.
- Role of primary care providers in delivering comprehensive cancer care.
- Prostate cancer screening and subsequent utilizations and outcomes
- Detection biases in cancer
- Wallner, L.P., Abrahamse, P., Martinez, K.A., Li, Y., Janz, N.K., Katz, S.J., Hawley, S.T. Use of Online Communication by Newly Diagnosed Breast Cancer Patients During the Treatment Decision Process. 2016. JAMA Oncology. 2016 Dec 1;2(12): 1654-1656.
- Wallner, L.P., Abrahamse, P., Friese, C.R., Hamilton, A., Ward, K., Katz, S.J., Hawley, S.T. The involvement of primary care physicians in decision-making and care of patients with breast cancer. J Clinical Oncology. 2016. Nov 20;34(33): 3969-3975.
- Wallner, L.P., Dibello, J.R., Li, B.H., VanDenEeden, S.K., Weinman, S., Ritwoller, D.P., Abel, J.E., D’Agostino, R., Loo, R.K., Aaronson, D., Richert-Boe, K., Horwitz, R., Jacobsen, S.K. 5-alpha reductase inhibitors and the risk of prostate cancer mortality in men treated for benign prostatic hyperplasia. Mayo Clin Proceedings. 2016. Dec;91(12): 1717-1726.
- Wallner, L.P., Hsu, J.Y., Loo, R.K., Palmer-Toy, D.E., Schottinger, J.E., Jacobsen, S.J. Trends in prostate specific antigen screening and subsequent prostate biopsies, prostate cancer diagnoses, treatments and urology visits from 2000 to 2012. Urology. 2015. Sep; 86(3): 498-505
- Wallner, L.P., Wang, R., Jacobsen, S.J., Haque, R. Androgen deprivation therapy for treatment of localized prostate cancer and risk of second primary malignancies. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention. 2013. Feb;22(2): 313-6.
- Core Member, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Member, Institute for Health Care Policy and Innovation, University of Michigan
- Member, Cancer Surveillance and Outcomes Research Team (CanSORT), University of Michigan
- Member, Society for Epidemiologic Research
- Member, American College of Epidemiology,
- Associate Member, American Association of Cancer Research
- Member, American Society of Clinical Oncology,