- Ph.D., Health Behavior & Health Education, University of Michigan School of Public Health. Cognate: Social Inequalities and Health. Certificate in Graduate Teaching Instruction
- M.P.H., Health Behavior & Health Education, University of Michigan School of Public Health
- B.A., Women & Gender Studies, University of Kentucky
Research Interests & Projects
Sexual minority health; women’s health; social policies as health policies; the abortion provider workforce; qualitative and mixed methods research methodologies.
- Debbink, M, Hassinger, J, Martin, LA, Maniere, E, Youatt, EJ, Harris, LH. (2016). Experiences with the Providers Share Workshop method: Abortion worker support and research in tandem. Qualitative Health Research, 8(4), 1-15.
- Youatt, EJ, Johns, MM., Pingel, ES, Soler, JH, & Bauermeister JA. (2015). Exploring young adult sexual minority women’s perspectives on LGBTQ smoking. Journal of LGBT Youth, 12(3), 323-342.
- Martin, LA, Debbink, M, Hassinger, J, Youatt, EJ, Harris, LH. (2014). Abortion providers, stigma, and professional quality of life: Findings from the Providers Share Workshop. Contraception, 90(6), 581-587.
- Martin, LA, Debbink, M, Hassinger, J, Youatt, EJ, Eagan-Torkko, M, Harris, LH. (2014). Measuring stigma among abortion providers: assessing the abortion provider stigma survey. Women’s Health, 54(7), 641-661.
- Johns, MM., Pingel, ES, Youatt, EJ, Soler, JH, McClelland, SI, Bauermeister JA. (2013). LGBT community, social network characteristics, and smoking behaviors in young sexual minority women. American Journal of Community Psychology, 52( 1-2) 141-154.
- Park, ER., Kleimann, S, Youatt, EJ, Lockhart, A, Campbell, EG., Levy, DE., ... & Shields, AE (2011). Black and White adults' perspectives on the genetics of nicotine addiction susceptibility. Addictive behaviors, 36(7), 769-772.
- American Public Health Association
- Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco