- PhD, Neurobiology, Duke University, 2010
- M.S., Statistics, Duke University, 2009
- B.S., Biology, Peking University, 2004
Shiquan Sun, Jiaqiang Zhu and Xiang Zhou (2020). Statistical analysis of spatial expression pattern for spatially resolved transcriptomic studies. Nature Methods. 17(2):193-200
Shiquan Sun, Jiaqiang Zhu, Ying Ma and Xiang Zhou (2019). Accuracy, robustness and scalability of dimensionality reduction methods for single-cell RNA-seq analysis. Genome Biology. 20: 269.
Yue Fan, Tauras P. Vilgalys, Shiquan Sun, Qinke Peng, Jenny Tung and Xiang Zhou (2019). IMAGE: High-powered detection of genetic effects on DNA methylation using integrated methylation QTL mapping and allele-specific analysis. Genome Biology. 20: 220.
Ping Zeng, Ting Wang, Junnian Zheng and Xiang Zhou (2019). Causal association of type 2 diabetes on amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: New evidence from Mendelian randomization using GWAS summary statistics. BMC Medicine. 17: 225.
- Mengjie Chen and Xiang Zhou (2018). VIPER: Variability-preserving imputation for accurate gene expression recovery in single cell RNA sequencing studies. Genome Biology. 19:196.
- Xingjie Hao, Ping Zeng, Shujun Zhang and Xiang Zhou (2018). Identifying and exploiting trait-relevant tissues with multiple functional annotations in genome-wide association studies. PLoS Genetics. e1007186.
- Ping Zeng and Xiang Zhou (2017). Non-parametric genetic prediction of complex traits with latent Dirichlet process regression models. Nature Communications. 8: 456.
- Lorin Crawford, Ping Zeng, Sayan Mukherjee and Xiang Zhou (2017). Detecting epistasis with the marginal epistasis test in genetic mapping studies of quantitative traits. PLoS Genetics. e1006869.
- Xiang Zhou (2017). A unified framework for variance component estimation with summary statistics in genome-wide association studies. Annals of Applied Statistics. 11(4): 2027-2051.
- Shiquan Sun, Michelle Hood, Laura Scott, Qinke Peng, Sayan Mukherjee, Jenny Tung and Xiang Zhou (2017). Differential expression analysis for RNAseq using Poisson mixed models. Nucleic Acids Research. 45(11): e106.
- Amanda J. Lea, Jenny Tung and Xiang Zhou (2015). A flexible, efficient binomial mixed model for identifying differential DNA methylation in bisulfite sequencing data. PLoS Genetics. 11: e1005650.
- Xiang Zhou, Carolyn Cain, Marsha Myrthil, Noah Lewellen, Katelyn Michelini, Emily Davenport, Matthew Stephens, Jonathan Pritchard and Yoav Gilad (2014). Epigenetic modifications are associated with inter-species gene expression variation in primates. Genome Biology. 15:547
- Xiang Zhou and Matthew Stephens (2014). Efficient multivariate linear mixed model algorithms for genome-wide association studies. Nature Methods. 11(4): 407–409.
- Xiang Zhou, Peter Carbonetto and Matthew Stephens (2013). Polygenic modeling with Bayesian sparse linear mixed models. PLoS Genetics. 9(2): e1003264.
- Xiang Zhou and Matthew Stephens (2012). Genome-wide efficient mixed-model analysis for association studies. Nature Genetics. 44: 821–824.