Deadlines & Resources
- Friday, February 21: Deadline to submit changes to how you would like your name listed in the printed program (see information below regarding names for the printed program)
- Friday, March 6: Deadline to order academic attire with free shipping to Public Health
- Friday, March 13: Deadline to apply for graduation, in Wolverine Access, if you want to have your name in the Public Health Commencement Program and the UM Commencement Program
- Monday, April 13: Deadline to make arrangements to accommodate your guests with disabilities:
- Monday, April 13: Deadline to order academic attire with paid shipping to your home
- Monday, April 20: Deadline to apply to attend the Public Health graduation ceremony
- Tuesday, April 21: Deadline to apply for graduation, in Wolverine Access, to receive your degree. (If you do not apply prior to this deadline, you will need to apply for Summer 2020 graduation instead.)
- Thursday, April 30, 11:30 a.m.: Time to arrive at Hill Auditorium for the ceremony
- Thursday, April 30, 12:15 p.m.: Latest time to be in your seat for the Hill Auditorium ceremony
Name Preference for Printed Program
Your name will be displayed in the program using your Primary Name in Wolverine Access. If you would like to verify how your Primary Name is listed, please visit your Student Center and click on the “General Info” tab and then click on the “Names” hyperlink. In February, a list of names, as they will be listed in the program, will be emailed out to all Public Health students. At that time, you will have the opportunity to provide changes to how you would like your name listed.
Graduation Ceremony Dates
- School of Public Health Graduation: Hill Auditorium, April 30, 2020, 12:30 p.m.
- University Graduate Exercises (Rackham), Hill Auditorium, May 1, 2020, 10:00 a.m.
- University-wide Spring Commencement, Michigan Stadium, May 2, 2020, 10:00 a.m.
The Office of Academic Multicultural Initiatives (OAMI) hosts additional Commencement Celebrations to supplement the traditional UM graduation, which are also held during graduation week, to express appreciation for the achievements, commonalities, and cultural differences that characterize the experiences of Middle Eastern/North African, African American, Latinx and Native students. More information on the Commencement Celebrations, including dates and deadlines to apply, can be found on the following websites:
- Asian/Pacific Islander (API) Graduation
- Black Celebratory
- La Celebración Latina
- Middle Eastern/North African Student (ME/NA) Celebration
- Native Student Graduation Celebration
The applications for all Commencement Celebrations can be found on the OAMI Program Application webpage.
- General Information and Questions: email@example.com
- Academic Attire Rental/Sales: Barnes and Noble at the Pierpont Commons University of Michigan Bookstore, 734-668-6022
- Academic Attire Rental/Sales: Barnes and Noble Bookstores (two locations available):
- Pierpont Commons Bookstore, 734-668-6022
- Michigan Union Bookstore, 734-995-8877
- Additional University Graduation Events
- University Commencement Hotline: 734-647-6037
- Campus Information Centers: 734-764-4636
- Diploma and Transcript Office: 734-763-9066