The Public Health Student Assembly (PHSA) is the student government of the University of Michigan School of Public Health (SPH). Our primary goal is to foster relations between the various departments of the school and to assist student organizations in hosting school-wide events. PHSA also serves as a liaison between the student body and the school's administration.
Specific responsibilities of PHSA include:
- Raising awareness of issues relevant to the SPH student body and giving the student body a forum for addressing concerns
- Coordinating and promoting social, educational, and community service events relevant to the SPH student body
- Offering resources and guidance to SPH-affiliated student organizations
- Providing representation on appropriate SPH administrative committees
- Serving as a general liaison between the student body, student organizations, and SPH
- Supporting SPH administration in activities relevant to the student community