Successful UM SEP applicants typically demonstrate strong academic achievement and leadership skills, commitment to eliminating health inequalities, and passion for serving underrepresented populations. Electronic applications are submitted through the FluidReview system.
Application Checklist1. Application Form
- Note: please use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari to fill out your application. Internet Explorer is not supported.
- Don't forget to press "Submit" at the bottom of the page when your application is complete!
- Explain how you meet one or more of the eligibility criteria for the UM SEP (250 words).
- Introduce yourself and explain your interest in the UM SEP, your relevant experience, and your immediate and professional goals (750 words). Please see the application form for the full essay prompt.
- A one-page resume highlighting your leadership abilities and public health experience.
- Transcript(s) from every college or university attended.
- Two confidential recommendation letters.
- Once you have entered your recommenders' email addresses, FluidReview will send them an email with instructions about how to upload their letters.
*ALL parts of the application must be completed by 11:59pm Friday, January 19, 2018 to be considered.
UM SEP 2018 Admission Timeline
|Application Window Opens||October 9|
|Application Window Closes||January 19|
|Committee Reviews Applications||January 22 - March 9|
|Finalists Notified||March 9|
|Finalists Interviews||March 12 - March 16|
|Selected Applicants Notified||March 21|
|First Day of Program||May 30|
|Last Day of Program||July 27|
If you have any questions during the application process, please contact us.