Successful UMSEP applicants typically demonstrate strong academic achievement and leadership skills, commitment to eliminating health inequalities, and passion for serving underrepresented populations. Electronic applications are submitted through the FluidReview/SurveyMonkey Apply system.
- Application Form
- Note: please use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari to fill out your application. Internet Explorer is not supported.
- Don't forget to click "Finalize my Application" when your application is complete!
- Two Required Essays
- Explain how you meet one or more of the eligibility criteria for the UMSEP (250 words).
- Introduce yourself and explain your interest in the UMSEP, your relevant experience, and your immediate and professional goals (750 words). Please see the application form for the full essay prompt.
- Current Resume
- A one-page resume highlighting your leadership abilities and public health experience.
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Transcript(s) from every college or university attended.
- Two recommenders name, email addresses and phone numbers
- Once you finalize your application, emails will be sent to your recommenders with instructions about how to upload their letters.
*ALL parts of the application must be completed by the deadline to be considered.
Stay Tuned for Summer 2024 Applications.
You must have an University of Michigan login to apply. If you do not have a University of Michigan login, you can get one by requesting a Friend Account.