Successful UMSEP applicants typically demonstrate strong academic achievement and leadership skills, commitment to eliminating health inequalities, and passion for serving underrepresented populations. Electronic applications are submitted through the FluidReview/SurveyMonkey Apply system.
1. Application Form
- Note: please use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari to fill out your application. Internet Explorer is not supported.
- Don't forget to press "Submit" at the bottom of the page when your application is complete!
2. Two Required Essays
- Explain how you meet one or more of the eligibility criteria for the UMSEP (250 words).
- Introduce yourself and explain your interest in the UMSEP, your relevant experience, and your immediate and professional goals (750 words). Please see the application form for the full essay prompt.
3. Current Resume
- A one-page resume highlighting your leadership abilities and public health experience.
4. Unofficial Transcripts
- Transcript(s) from every college or university attended.
5. Letters of Recommendation
- Two confidential recommendation letters.
- Once you have entered your recommenders' email addresses, FluidReview will send them an email with instructions about how to upload their letters.
*ALL parts of the application must be completed by the deadline to be considered. The deadline for this year is Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 11:59 pm EST.