Successful UMSEP applicants typically demonstrate strong academic achievement and leadership skills, commitment to eliminating health inequalities, and passion for serving underrepresented populations. Electronic applications are submitted through the FluidReview/SurveyMonkey Apply system.
- Application Form
- Note: please use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari to fill out your application. Internet Explorer is not supported.
- Don't forget to click "Finalize my Application" when your application is complete!
- Two Required Essays
- Explain how you meet one or more of the eligibility criteria for the UMSEP (250 words).
- Introduce yourself and explain your interest in the UMSEP, your relevant experience, and your immediate and professional goals (750 words). Please see the application form for the full essay prompt.
- Current Resume
- A one-page resume highlighting your leadership abilities and public health experience.
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Transcript(s) from every college or university attended.
- Two recommenders name, email addresses and phone numbers
- Once you finalize your application, emails will be sent to your recommenders with instructions about how to upload their letters.
*ALL parts of the application must be completed by the deadline to be considered. The extended deadline for this year is Friday, February 18, 2022 at 11:59 pm EST.
Applications for Cohort 36 are open
You must have an University of Michigan login to apply. If you do not have a University of Michigan login, you can get one by requesting a Friend Account.