The application for the 2019 Big Data Summer Institute will open December 15, 2018. We will review completed applications and offer rolling admissions on January 15, February 15, and March 15. Applications are considered complete when all materials have been uploaded and one letter of recommendation has been received. The application deadline is March 1, 2019.
Priority is given to the following students:
- Undergraduate students in their sophomore and junior years
- Students who have demonstrated outstanding academic excellence
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents
- Underrepresented and disadvantaged students, and students with disabilities
- Students with convincing personal statements of interest in the program
To apply, external (non-UMICH) applicants will need to create a University of Michigan Friend Account.
When applying, please have the following information ready:
- Personal statement*
- Unofficial transcripts*
- Name and email of one professional reference who can comment on your mathematical ability, data science interest, quantitative/computing skills (they will receive a link to upload their letter)
- List of relevant courses taken