Michigan Public Health is located on the eastern side of U-M's iconic campus, right next to Michigan's top-ranked medical school and health system, as well as Nichols Arboretum and the Huron River. We're within walking distance of U-M's top schools of business, law, public policy, nursing, natural resources, and social work. There are more than 1,400 student organizations at U-M, and a countless amount of activities and events to get engaged and involved in on campus and in the community.
Conveniently located just 30 minutes from Detroit Metropolitan airport, less than an hour from the city of Detroit, and less than five hours from Chicago, Ann Arbor is easy to reach by car, bus, train, or plane.
- Using your GPS or map program, you can find us at 1415 Washington Heights, Ann Arbor, MI 48109.
- Once you're here, the Interactive Campus Map, can help you find your way around.
- Review this information for potential road closures that may impact your commute.
- Campus Information Center: The Campus Information Center provides maps and resources to help you plan your visit.
Driving from the northeast: take M-14 until Exit 8 (US-23 South). Continue on US-23 until Exit 37B (Washtenaw-Ann Arbor). You will then be heading west on Washtenaw. Stay in the right lane for approximately 1.5 miles. Washtenaw turns at an angle to the right (the center and left lanes will continue forward and becomes Stadium) Continue on Washtenaw until you reach campus. Turn right onto Observatory and go through the stoplight at Geddes to the next road on your right, Washington Heights.
Driving from the north: take US-23 South until Exit 45 for M-14 West. Continue on M-14 until Exit 3 for Downtown Ann Arbor. Turn left onto East Huron Street. Continue on Huron and make a left onto North Ingalls. After one block, turn right onto Ann Street. After 3 blocks, the road turns to your right and becomes Observatory. Go through the stoplight and the next road on your left is Washington Heights.
Driving from the west: take I-94 East until Exit 177 (State Street). From the exit turn left onto State Street. Continue on State Street until Hill Street. Turn right onto Hill to Forest Avenue (fourth street from intersection). At Hill/Forest, there is a small island. Make a sweeping left turn onto Forest Avenue. Once on Forest Avenue, pass through two lights and at this point the road curves to your right and becomes Observatory. Go through the next stoplight and the next road on your right is Washington Heights.
Parking: Parking is available near the School of Public Health at visitor parking structures, including Palmer Commons: 100 Washtenaw Ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 and University Hospital Parking (entrance off E. Medical Center Drive). Parking close to the School of Public Health is limited. Some metered street parking is available on Observatory and Washington Heights streets. Weekends and evenings, you may park in the UM faculty/staff parking lots on Washington Heights Street. Detailed parking information is available at the Parking and Transportation Services site.
- Ann Arbor Transportation Authority (public buses), 734-996-0400
- Greyhound Bus Service, 800-231-2222
- Amtrak Train Service, 800-872-7245
- Michigan Flyer – Detroit Metro Airport
- Campus Transit Bus and Routes
- Bell Tower (within walking distance to campus), 800-562-3559
- Holiday Inn North (near I-23, a 10-minute drive to campus, offers a free shuttle for guests), 734-769-9800
- Courtyard Marriott, 888-685-7632
- Kensington Court (near I-94, a 10-minute drive to campus), 800-344-7829
For a complete list of hotels in the area please visit visitannarbor.org.