Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Final decisions will be made by April 1, 2024.
Applications are considered complete when all materials have been uploaded and submitted and at least one letter of recommendation has been received. Recommendation letters should be sent as soon as possible in order for the application to be reviewed.
Summer Institute in Biostatistics (SIBS) applications are restricted to U.S. citizens and Permanent Residents. Funding from internal resources and the Trehan Foundation provide additional positions for which international students are invited to apply. Admission for international students is contingent on successful visa processing. All participants attend the same program and activities regardless of funding source.
Priority is given to:
- Undergraduate students in their sophomore and junior years
- Students who have demonstrated outstanding academic excellence
- Underrepresented and disadvantaged students, and students with disabilities
- Students with convincing personal statements of interest in the program and future goals
When applying, please have the following information ready:
- A personal statement describing your personal interest in our program and how it could benefit your education and future career plans (maximum two pages)
- Unofficial transcripts
- List of relevant courses taken in mathematics, statistics, computer science and biology
- Name and email of one reference who can best speak to your acadmic ability and potential to conduct quantitative research in a group setting. We will send them a link to upload a recommendation letter.
Click here to preview the BDSI 2024 application.
If you have any questions or need assistance with your application, please email UMSPH-BDSI@umich.edu.