Andrew F. Brouwer, PhD, M.S., M.A.
- M5073 SPH II
- 1415 Washington Heights
- Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-2029
• M.A., Statistics, University of Michigan, 2015
• M.S., Applied and Interdisciplinary Mathematics, University of Michigan, 2013
• M.S., Environmental Science and Engineering, Clarkson University, 2011
• M.A., Mathematics, SUNY College at Potsdam, 2009
• B.A., Mathematics, Chemistry, SUNY College at Potsdam, 2009
Modeling and epidemiology of enteric pathogens
- Brouwer AF, Eisenberg MC, Love NG, Eisenberg JNS. (2019). Phenotypic variations in persistence and infectivity between and within environmentally transmitted pathogen populations impact population-level epidemic dynamics. BMC Infectious Diseases.
- Brouwer AF, Eisenberg JNS, Pomeroy CD, Shulman LM, Hindiyeh M, Manor Y, Grotto I, Koopman JS, Eisenberg MC. (2018). Epidemiology of the silent polio outbreak in Rahat, Israel based on modeling of environmental surveillance data. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science.
- Brouwer AF, Eisenberg MC, Remais JV, Meza R, Collender PA, Eisenberg JNS. (2017). Modeling biphasic environmental decay of pathogens and implications for risk analysis. Environmental Science & Technology.
- Brouwer AF, Weir MH, Meza R, Eisenberg MC, Eisenberg JNS. (2017). Dose-response relationships for environmentally mediated infectious disease transmission models. PLOS Computational Biology.
Modeling and epidemiology the human papillomavirus
- Brouwer AF, Meza R, Eisenberg MC. (2019). Integrating measures of viral prevalence and seroprevalence: a mechanistic modeling approach to explaining cohort patterns of HPV in women in the U.S. Journal of the Royal Society: Philosophical Transactions B.
- Brouwer AF*, Delinger RL*, Eisenberg MC, Campredon LP, Walline HM, Carey TE, Meza R. (2019). HPV vaccination has not increased sexual activity or accelerated sexual debut in a college-aged cohort of men and women. BMC Public Health. *these authors contributed equally to this work.
- Brouwer AF, Eisenberg MC, Carey TE, Meza R. (2019). Multisite HPV infections in the United States (NHANES 2003-2014): an overview and synthesis. Preventive Medicine.
- Brouwer AF, Meza R, Eisenberg MC. (2015). Transmission heterogeneity and autoinoculation in a multisite infection model of HPV. Mathematical Biosciences.
Epidemiology and modeling of other infectious diseases
- Brouwer AF, Zelner JL, Eisenberg MC, Kimmins L, Ladisky M, Eisenberg JNSE. (2020). The impact of vaccination efforts on the spatiotemporal patterns of the hepatitis A outbreak in Michigan, 2016–18. Epidemiology.
- Brouwer AF, Myers JL, Martin ET, Konopka KE, Lauring AS, Eisenberg MC, Lephart PR, Nguyen T, Jaworski A, Schmidt CJ. (2020). Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 Surveillance in Decedents in a Large, Urban Medical Examiner's Office. Clinical Infectious Diseases.
- Kraay ANM, Brouwer AF, Lin N, Collender PA, Remais JV, Eisenberg JNS. (2018). Modeling environmentally mediated rotavirus transmission: The role of temperature and hydrologic factors. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science.
Models of carcinogenesis and cancer survival
- Brouwer AF, He K, Chinn SB, Mondul AM, Chapman CH, Ryser MD, Banerjee M, Eisenberg MC, Meza R, Taylor JMG. (2020). Time‐varying survival effects for squamous cell carcinomas at oropharyngeal and nonoropharyngeal head and neck sites in the United States, 1973‐2015. Cancer.
- Brouwer AF, Eisenberg MC, Meza R. (2018). Case Studies of Gastric, Lung, and Oral Cancer Connect Etiologic Agent Prevalence to Cancer Incidence. Cancer Research.
- Brouwer AF, Meza R, Eisenberg MC. (2017). Parameter estimation for multistage clonal expansion models from cancer incidence data: a practical identifiability analysis. PLOS Computational Biology.
- Brouwer AF, Eisenberg MC, Meza R. (2016). Age effects and temporal trends in HPV-related and HPV-unrelated oral cancer in the United States: A multistage carcinogenesis modeling analysis. PLOS One.
Trends and transitions in tobacco product use
- Brouwer AF, Jeon J, Hirschtick JL, Jimenez-Mendoza E, Mistry R, Bondarenko IV, Land SR, Holford TR, Levy DT, Taylor JMG, Fleischer NL, Meza R. (2020). Transitions between cigarette, ENDS, and dual use in adults in the PATH study (Waves 1–4): multistate transition modeling accounting for complex survey design. Tobacco Control.
- Tam J, Brouwer AF. (2021). Comparison of e-cigarette use prevalence and frequency by smoking status among youth in the United States, 2014-2019. Addiction.
Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
Rogel Cancer Center: Cancer Epidemiology & Prevention