School of Public Health Writing Lab
Thanks for your interest in the SPH Writing Lab. I am in a small office (M3226 SPH II) with windows that don't open. During this time of increasing DELTA COVID rates, if you are not yet fully vaccinated (i.e. two weeks after your second dose), or otherwise not comfortable meeting in person, please indicate so on your appointment request, I will send you a google meet link, and we will meet virtually. I plan to operate on the honor system; i.e. I will not ask for evidence of vaccine status, but I do ask you to respect my wishes, as I live with an immunocompromised husband, who really shouldn't get COVID.
If you need an appointment and can't find one on the calendar, feel free to email the lab directly at email@example.com and we will work something out.
Welcome to the School of Public Health Writing Lab.
We offer writing assistance for public health majors, SPH Master's and Ph.D. students, recent grads, and SPH faculty and staff. Due to excess demand, undergraduate nonmajors are referred to Sweetland. Cover letters and resumes are handled by the Career Development Office. For further questions, please contact the lab.
Location: School of Public Health, M3226 SPH II.
What We Do
We Offer Support to:
- Brainstorm and Outline Term Papers and Essay Exams (with instructor permission)
- Draft Capstone Papers & Proposals
- Dissertation Help
- Respond to Advisor Feedback
- Increase Clarity and Coherence
- Ready Manuscript for Publication
- Work on Any Other Professional Writing Tasks
A Few Necessary Rules
If you must cancel, please cancel 24 hours ahead of time, so another student may use your slot. Your peers will thank you. Repeated NO SHOWS or last minute cancellations may result in being banned from making appointments at the Lab.
- Make an appointment via our Google calendar. The appointment is automatically confirmed unless you hear from me.
- Before the appointment, you may email your materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Appointments Appointments are typically 30-60 minutes, and are limited to 1 hour per week to give as many students as possible a chance to use the lab.
- Personal statement appointments are limited to 2 per student. Also only two appointments per paper (except for dissertations!)
- If you can't find a time that works for you, email email@example.com, and keep checking the Writing Lab calendar, as cancellations happen frequently.
- Learn more abut what to expect at your appointment.