Conferences, Travel and Professional Development
Academic Department and Program Support
Each department at the University of Michigan School of Public Health has a unique system in place to support students. Connect with your Department Program Coordinator to learn more. Below are a few department-specific resources:
- Health Behavior and Health Education Travel Funding
- Epidemiology Travel Funding
- Global Public Health Travel Funding
- Nutritional Sciences: The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The Nutritional Sciences Department assists with memberships for students participating in the Dietetic Internship program. There is a student discount (about $50 per year compared to $300). The department also assists with travel to conferences each year.
Office of Global Public Health
The Office of Global Health at the School of Public Health fosters a collaborative and coordinated approach to global health research and activities across all departments in the school. They provide and promote many funding opportunities, including the following:
- Office of Global Health Funding Opportunities
- Pre-Dissertation Travel Awards (PhD)
- NIMHD Minority Health and Health Disparities Research Training (MHRT) Program (T37) (UG, MA, PhD)
IPE Travel Grant
The Michigan Center for Interprofessional Education (IPE) is a coordinating center for IPE and collaborative care efforts at the University of Michigan. This travel grant is designed to enable University of Michigan faculty and students involved in interprofessional education or practice to attend conferences or meetings that provide them with the opportunity to expand knowledge and skills and/or advance research activities related to the mission of the Michigan Center for Interprofessional Education. Preference will be given to faculty and students presenting interprofessional education (IPE) research or who are actively engaged in IPE activities, including members of IPE committees, IPE student organizations, Interprofessional Leadership Fellows, or are instructors in IPE courses and experiences.
Rackham Graduate School Support (MS, PhD)
The University of Michigan's Rackham Graduate School supports graduate students in their professional and academic development during their student experience and as they transition to their career. The Rackham Conference Travel Grant provides graduate students to become familiar with their academic professions. Rackham funding also highlights a large range of competitive fellowships that pay tuition and stipends.