Employers and Alumni
We invite employers and community partners to connect with our talented public health students and alumni. Utilize the Michigan Public Health Careers portal to find the best candidates for jobs, fellowships, and internships, and to help broaden and build talent pipelines.
School of Public Health Recruiting
The Michigan Public Health Careers Portal enables employers to reach students and alumni with job, fellowship and internship opportunities and maximize recruitment efforts through employer engagement events and communication. There is no charge to access the portal and post opportunities.
Use the portal to connect with students, alumni, and SPH community members:
- post job, fellowship, and internship opportunities
- request employer engagement events and recruitment visits
- communicate with prospective candidates
- request and review resumes from candidates
Share a career opportunity with the School of Public Health Community
Thank you for your interest in sharing your career opportunities with the University of Michigan School of Public Health student and alumni community. We encourage all employers and community partners to access the Michigan Public Health Careers Portal to post and manage opportunities, share contact information with students, and request employer engagement events.
Follow the links below to initiate an account and share your organization's opportunities:
Access the Michigan Public Health Careers Portal
Create an employer account in the Michigan Public Health Careers Portal
- To register, select "Sign Up". Complete all required fields, then click "Done".
- A member of the School of Public Health Careers team will receive the request and confirm your account is approved.
Post a job opportunity posting in the Michigan Public Health Careers Portal
- Sign into your account, then click "Post an Opportunity".
- Complete all required fields, then click "Done".
- A member of the School of Public Health Careers team will receive the request and confirm approval of the posting.
Request an employer engagement event through the Michigan Public Health Careers Portal
- Sign into your account, then click "Schedule an Information Session". Then, select "Request Information Session"
- Select the type of employer engagement event you would like to request from a drop-down menu. Employer engagement events include info sessions, coffee chats, alumni insights, lunch and learns, informational interviews, and recruitment interviews. Employer engagement events are offered in virtual, hybrid, and in-person options.
- Complete all required fields, then click "Done".
- Upon completing and submitting your request, it will be sent for review and approval. A member of the School of Public Health Careers team will receive the request and confirm approval of the event.
Unable to access the above links?
Please complete and submit SPH Careers Employer Opportunity Posting Form to share an opportunity posting.
Please complete and submit SPH Careers Employer Engagement Event Request Form to request an employer event.
A member of the School of Public Health Careers team will receive the request and confirm approval.
If you need additional assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our Employer Engagement team will connect with you.
Browse career opportunities posted within the last ten days on the Michigan Public Health Careers Portal Opportunity Feed:
The University of Michigan School of Public Health offers five degrees across eight areas of study—including residential and online master's degree options—as well as several dual degree programs and two undergraduate degree options.
Each degree is completed within a specific Michigan Public Health department or program:
- Environmental Health Sciences
- Health Behavior and Health Education
- Health Management and Policy
- Nutritional Sciences
- Population and Health Sciences (Fully Online)
- Undergraduate Education
Please note, as always, that posting positions does not imply Careers Office endorsement of the position, opportunity, or employer described. Postings are shared because they may be of interest to the SPH community and should not be taken as indicating an expectation that students pursue internship experiences at any time during the COVID-19 pandemic if doing so would be detrimental to student health or safety. Again as always, it is up to the individual to determine whether completing or hosting an experience is right for them, including – given the COVID-19 pandemic – any applicable travel and safety guidelines, the availability and viability of remote vs. in-person opportunities, and any other risks of participating in a given opportunity at this time.
Nondiscrimination Policy Statement
The University of Michigan School of Public Health is committed to equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status (as defined under the Immigration Reform and Control Act), disability, sexual orientation or veteran's status. The School is also committed to provide all of its programs and activities to its students and alumni on a nondiscriminatory basis.
Equal employment opportunity extends to all aspects of the employment relationship including hiring, recruiting, interviewing, selection, transfer, promotion, training, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
The University of Michigan School of Public Health expects that any employer or third-party organization representing an employer that uses its facilities, including but not limited to the career services office, for the purpose of recruiting full-time, part-time, and temporary employees or interns and cooperative education students, complies with federal and state equal employment opportunity laws in its recruiting and hiring. The School also expects that employers, third-party organizations, and their representatives strive to eliminate all forms of harassment, including sexual harassment in their recruiting, hiring, and selection process.
Give back to U-M SPH and share your talents.
Our alumni are valued resources for students entering the public health profession. Many alums generously give us their time, expertise, and insight into their career fields. We are always looking for alumni to connect with us to give back in different capacities such as:
- Share your experience with students and fellow alums on Michigan Public Health Connect
- Provide advice on panels and in small group settings,
- Speak on public health career topics,
- Share internship and job opportunities with us from your current organization,
- Volunteer to do mock interviews,
- Participate in career outcome data collections
- And more!
If you are interested in giving back to the school, contact us at email@example.com or call 734-647-7154 to discuss ways we can collaborate.
Your continued career success is important to us. Below you will find resource to help you maximize your career potential.
The University of Michigan Center for the Education of Women is dedicated to encouraging and enhancing the education and careers of adult women and men through programs and services, advocacy and research. This includes a comprehensive counseling program that supports the career interests of men and women as they balance professional and personal responsibilities. Please call 734-764-6005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Typical appointments can work with you on:
- Goals clarification
- Feedback on resumes, cover letters, and application materials
- How to start a job search
- Educational goals
- How to return to college or graduate school
- Work/life/family balance issues
On demand career development resources to support your professional journey.UM SPH