School of Public Health Writing Lab
Welcome to the School of Public Health Writing Lab.
We offer writing assistance for public health majors, Masters and Ph.D. students, recent grads, faculty, and staff. Due to excess demand, undergraduate nonmajors are referred to Sweetland. For further questions, please contact the lab.
Location: School of Public Health, 5025 SPH II.
NOTE: There will be limited hours between February 19 and February 23. We will be open during winter break, however, and offer additional Sunday hours.
What We Do
We Offer Support for:
- Brainstorm and Outline Term Papers and Essay Exams (with instructor permission)
- Draft Capstone Papers & Proposals
- Dissertation Help
- Respond to Advisor Feedback
- Increase Clarity and Coherence
- Ready Manuscript for Publication
- Write With Confidence
We Do Not Offer Support for:
- Cover letters and resumes, which are handled by the Career Development Office
Appointments & Cancellations
If you must cancel, please try to cancel 24 hours ahead of time, so another student may use your slot. Your peers will thank you.
- Make an appointment via our Google calendar. The appointment is automatically confirmed unless you hear from me.
- Before the appointment, you may email your materials to email@example.com.
- Appointments Appointments are typically 30-60 minutes, and are limited to 1 hour per week to give as many students as possible a chance to use the lab.
- Personal statement appointments are limited to 2 per student. Also only two appointments per paper (except for dissertations!)
- This year there will be no drop-in hours on Friday.
- If you can't find a time that works for you, email firstname.lastname@example.org, and keep checking the Writing Lab calendar, as cancellations happen frequently.
- Learn more abut what to expect at your appointment.