The Goal of the Epidemiology Alumni Board is to improve our curriculum reform efforts by:
- Providing feedback on proposed changes to the MPH and PhD curriculum regarding professional development training, internships, and applied practice experiences.
- Providing feedback on the overall curriculum related to required vs. elective courses, new topics/classes that the curriculum needs to address, existing topics/classes that should be sunset.
- Working with the Epidemiology Department in our efforts to field an alumni survey every 3 years (e.g., review content of survey, suggest additional items/topics to assess, discuss findings).
The Alumni Board Members:
Kaitlyn Akel, MPH
- MPH in Global Health Epidemiology, Certificate in Social Epidemiology, 2019-2021
- Epidemiologist, City of Detroit
Jesse Contreras, PhD
- PhD in Epidemiology, 2020
- Post-doctoral fellow, U-M Department of Epidemiology
Sara Elhasan, MPH
- Master of Public Health in General Epidemiology, 2022
- Data and Policy Fellow with the Ford School and MDHHS
Kelly Peuquet, MBA, MPH
- Master of Public Health, 2022
- Consultant, The Chartis Group
Tung Phung, PhD
- PhD, University of Michigan, 2022
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Michigan, Department of Epidemiology
Ashley Redding, MPH
- Master of Public Health, 2020
- Epidemiologist, Henry Ford Health