Epidemiology Departmental Application Requirements
The MPH degree is administered through the School of Public Health. The PhD degree is administered through the Horace H. Rackham School of Graduate Studies.
For a complete and detailed list of application requirements for the University of Michigan School of Public Health, please see the MPH program requirements. Additional information specifically for applications to the Epidemiology Department is listed below:
- Priority DEADLINE: December 1st - Applications completed by this date will have priority consideration for scholarships and funding.
- GPA: Our standard expectation is that applicants will have a GPA above a 3.0, although we sometimes accept applicants with a GPA below 3.0.
- Statement of Purpose: Detailed information about what should be included in the statement is available at the link above. The Epidemiology Department would like for your statement to address your long-term goals, why you are particularly interested in the University of Michigan Epidemiology Department, and why you think you will be successful in our program.
- Letters of Recommendation: Please only submit letters from academic or research sources. Professional recommendations are acceptable from an employer in a relevant job. Please do not submit personal recommendations.
- International Applicants: We require a minimum TOEFL score 100 internet-based (iBT).
For a complete list of the PhD program requirements and how to apply please see the Rackham Graduate School.
- DEADLINE: December 1st.