Cross Campus Transfer Students
A cross-campus transfer student has completed college coursework on the University of Michigan (U-M) Ann Arbor campus but is not currently enrolled in the School of Public Health. Students are eligible to cross-campus transfer in their sophomore year.
The application can be completed online and requires two short essays. Cross-campus applicants do not need to submit official transcripts, unless post-secondary coursework has been completed outside U-M Ann Arbor.
- Official transcripts from post-secondary institutions outside U-M Ann Arbor can be mailed to SPH Admissions, Office of Student Engagement and Practice, 1415 Washington Heights, Ann Arbor MI, 48109 or emailed to PublicHealthUG@umich.edu.
The U-M School of Public Health accepts cross campus transfer applications for FALL only. Applications are due on February 1. However, applicants are encouraged to apply by January 15, the priority deadline, to have the best chance of financial award consideration.
The U-M School of Public Health considers the following academic factors in determining admission for cross-campus students:
- Number of credit hours completed by proposed term of entry.
- Level of achievement in college coursework.
- Successful completion of admission requirements.
- Engagement with community and/or campus organizations.
- Demonstrated interest in Public Health. Be sure to highlight what makes the public health major right for you given your interests, goals and experiences.
Prospective cross-campus applicants are encouraged to attend one of our information sessions to learn more about the academic majors and transfer process. See the events calendar for dates and times. Advising appointments at the U-M LSA Newnan Advising Center are available on Wednesday mornings, to schedule an appointment call 734-764-0332. For additional appointment times please email PublicHealthUG@umich.edu.