How to Apply
Start Your Public Health Pursuit
The Bachelor's degree program is an upper-level degree program. This means that students apply in their sophomore year and if admitted they spend their junior and senior years in the School of Public Health. Applicants must have 54 transferable credits before applying to the program.
Prerequisites courses (or equivalents):
- Health and Society: Introduction to Public Health (PUBHLTH 200)
- One course (of at least 3 credits each) in Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, and Humanities OR Creative Expression (as defined by UM LSA)
- Introduction to Statistics and Data Analysis (STATS 250)
- Fulfill the First Year Writing Requirement
Students must complete the admission requirements before beginning the program, not before submitting their application. Admission requirements must be fulfilled
by college credit (no AP courses) and a letter grade must be earned (no pass/fail).
- Prospective students should complete the application listed on the website (not the Common App) no later than February 1 at 11:59 pm EST. However, applicants are encouraged to apply by January 15, the priority deadline, to have the best chance of financial award consideration.
Learn more about the public health major and requirements for admission at an upcoming Information Session. These 30-minute interactive presentations are followed by time for questions and discussion.
|Date & Time||Location||Registration|
|Thursday, March 22, 4-5 pm||1655 SPH I||Register Now|