Freqently Asked Questions
- How do I get an account?
- How do I have software installed?
- Why is my job pending?
- When will my job start?
- How do you transfer files to and from the cluster?
- How do you edit files/programs on the cluster?
Have your faculty advisor or PI email email@example.com to request an account allocation.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org what you would like installed.
There can be several different reasons for your job to be in the pending state. Some these reasons are but are not limited to:
- The cluster is at full utilization and no resources are available to meet your requirements
- You have requested more cores and or memory then are available to meet your requirements
- All available licenses have to checked out
- There is a reservation in place for maintenance and your job would potentially end during or after the reservation.
- You or an administrator has placed a job on hold
To view the estimated start time of your pending job(s) use the squeue command.
squeue -u $USER --start
- scp/sftp are available by default on all linux distributions
- WinSCP for Windows provides an Explorer like interface that support drag-n-drop
- Putty for Windows is a suite of ssh related apps, most notably the terminal appilication. It also includes utilities for scp/sftp.
- CyberDuck for MacOSX
- SecureShell for Windows is availble for ITS as part of the BlueDisc
Access to the cluster is limited to ssh connections within a terminal which means you will need to be comfortable editing files outside of a GUI editor. There are several text editors available on the cluster. These include but aren’t limited to