Mission, Vision, and Values StatementMission: To cultivate academic and healthcare leaders who create and apply evidence-based knowledge to enhance the health of individuals and communities.
Vision: To be the premier health management and policy program that contributes through research, education, and innovation to designing and implementing an affordable system to improve health and transform health care worldwide.
Values: To achieve excellence in health management and policy, through the creation and application of new knowledge, we hold ourselves accountable for adhering to the following values:
- Integrity: Maintain professional, ethical, and honest practices in all of our activities.
- Excellence: Pursue the highest standards in research, teaching, and service.
- Learning: Continuously evaluate and improve our curriculum and research through the creation and use of evidence-based approaches and innovative ideas.
- Inclusiveness: Respect cultural values and diversity, treat all people with dignity and respect, and build a department as diverse as the challenges and opportunities facing health care and public health.
- Collaboration: Forge relationships across disciplines and the various communities we serve, and incorporate multiple perspectives into our research, teaching, and service.
- Equity: Commit to serve the needs of the entire population, regardless of differences or circumstances, and address the barriers and disparities that hinder people's ability to lead healthy lives through research, teaching, and service.
HMP is committed to promoting a diverse healthcare workforce and creating an inclusive
and equitable learning environment. Please see the Best Practices - Guidelines for Engagement if you will be visiting our department.
These best practices are standard among faculty, staff, and students within our department.