Ph.D. Student Profile
Chelsea G. Cox, M.P.H., M.S.W.
- Doctoral Pre-Candidate
- MPH, Health Promotion & Health Education, University of Southern California
- MSW, Clinical Social Work, University of Southern California
- BA, Psychology & Communication Studies, University of Michigan
Research Interests & Projects
- Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias (ADRD)
- Public knowledge, attitudes, risk perceptions of ADRD
- Physician screening and referral practices related to ADRD
- Disclosure of ADRD risk information
- Implications of early detection of ADRD
- Recruitment to ADRD clinical research
- Cox, C.G., Davis, M.A., Grill, J.D., & Roberts, J.S. (accepted). U.S. adult’s likelihood to participate in dementia prevention clinical trials: Results from the National Poll on Healthy Aging. The Journal of Prevention of Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Ryan, M.M., Cox, C.G., Witbracht, M., Hoang, D., Gillen, D.L., Grill, J.D. (2020). Using direct-to-consumer genetic testing results to accelerate Alzheimer’s disease clinical trial recruitment. Alzheimer’s Disease & Associated Disorders. PMID: 33060367
- Cox, C.G., Ryan, M.R., Gillen, D.L., Grill, J.D. (2020). Is reluctance to share Alzheimer’s disease biomarker status with a study partner a barrier to preclinical trial recruitment? The Journal of the Prevention of Alzheimer’s Disease. PMID: 33336225
- Cox, C.G., Ryan, M.R., Gillen, D.L., Grill, J.D. (2018). A preliminary study of clinical trial enrollment decisions among people with Mild Cognitive Impairment and their study partners. American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. PMID: 30522811
- Grill, J.D., Cox, C.G., Harkins, K., Karlawish, J. (2018) Reactions to learning a “not elevated” amyloid PET result in a preclinical Alzheimer’s disease trial. Alzheimer’s Research & Therapy. PMID: 305793361
- Grill, J.D., Cox, C.G., Kremen, S., Mendez, M.F., Teng, E., Shapira, J., Ringman, J.M., & Apostolova, L.G. (2017). Patient and caregiver reactions to clinical amyloid imaging. Alzheimer’s & Dementia. PMID: 28174068.
- Grill, J.D., Apostolova, L.G., Bullain, S., Burns, J.M., Cox, C.G., Dick, M., Hartley, D., Kawas, C., Kremen, S., Lingler, J., Lopez, O.L., Mapstone, M., Pierce, A., Rabinovici, G., Roberts, J.S., Sajjadi, S.A., Teng, E., and Karlawish, J. (2017). Communicating Mild Cognitive Impairment diagnoses with and without amyloid imaging. Alzheimer’s Research & Therapy. PMID: 28472970.