Ph.D. Student Profile
Dominique LaDawn Sylvers, MPH
- Doctoral Pre-Candidate
- Cognate: Demography
- MPH, Health Behavior & Health Education, University of Michigan, 2017
- B.S., Interdisciplinary Studies in Social Science (Health & Society), Michigan State University, 2014
Research Interests & Projects
- Disparities in African American Aging
- Dementia & Cognitive Decline
- Place & Health
- Structural Racism
- Hicken MT, Burnside L, Edwards D, Lee H. Racial Residential Segregation as the Actualization of Structural Racism. In: Bruce M, Ford C, Gilbert K, and Griffith DM, Eds. Is it Race or Racism?" State of the Evidence and Tools for the Public Health Professional. Washington, DC: American Public Health Association. (2019). Forthcoming.
- Ramsay JE, Janevic MR, Hogan CK, Edwards DL, Connell CM. (2018). Using the Replicating Effective Programs Framework to Adapt a Heart Health Intervention. Health Promotion Practice.