Admitted Online Student Checklist
Confirm Your Enrollment
To confirm your enrollment log into your Wolverine Access account and follow the steps outlined in your admissions letter. Please note that enrollment is not complete until your non-refundable enrollment deposit is also submitted.
Get Set Up To Learn Online
- Set up your U-M email account and check it regularly.
- Set up your Coursera account. We recommend using your University email address. You can update the email address associated with your Coursera account at any time.
- Please watch for an email from Coursera inviting you to link your account to the degree program.
- Update your Campus Personal Information in Wolverine Access (under Student Business).
- Familiarize yourself with Zoom video conferencing, Slack team messaging, and the Coursera Online Education platform (we’ll practice these more during the Onboarding & Advising Course).
- Make sure you have appropriate working equipment for online course needs.
- Look forward to our August Onboarding & Advising “Course” through Coursera, which covers topics such as getting started at U-M, course registration, tuition & billing, policies, communication, resources, support, and student success.
Review Financial Matters
- How to pay tuition
- Tuition information for Students over 65
- U-M Residency Classification Guidelines: Guidelines and procedures for qualifying for in-state tuition established by the Board of Regents of the University of Michigan.
- Student Tax information
- Contact your Program Manager to request materials needed for your employer's tuition reimbursement process
After you have been admitted to the program, there are some key dates to keep in mind. The following timeline will help you better understand when you can expect information from program staff, as well as when we'll need to hear from you.
|Admissions Decisions Go Out||Mid - late March||Admissions decisions will continue to be sent to applicants in the order applications were received until all those submitted by the 5/15 deadline have been reviewed.|
|Scholarship Review Begins||Mid- March||Scholarship review will continue through the admissions season as long as funds are still available. Visit the Tuition and Financial Aid page for more information.|
|Admitted Student Day #1||Late March||A virtual welcome gathering where students can meet with program staff and peers. Ask questions, connect with our community, and get support in making your enrollment decision. (For early cycle admits)|
|Admitted Student Decision Deadline||April 15||Students who have been admitted previously will need to make a decision to matriculate or withdraw. (Students who received their admissions offer around or after this date will have a later decision deadline.)|
|Onboarding Course Begins||Early June||The “Onboarding and Advising Course” on Coursera begins. This course introduces new students to the program tools, resources, and structure; it is the central orientation experience for online students.|
|Admitted Student Day #2||Early July||A virtual welcome gathering where students can meet with program staff and peers. Ask questions, connect with our community, and get support in making your enrollment decision. (For late cycle admits)|
|Final Admitted Student Decision Deadline||July 15||Students who have been admitted will need to confirm their decision to enroll or withdraw.|
|Classes Begin!||End of August||Enrolled students begin courses online.|